Rich Thai Monkfish Brothby Brian Donnelly, Makro
4 Cups KNORR Chicken Stock 3 Limes 6 Coriander stalks, with leaves 2 Red chilies 1 Lemon grass 2tbsp KNORR BLUE DRAGON Thai Red Curry paste 12oz Monkfish fillet 1tbsp Rice vinegar 3tbsp Thai fish sauce 1 Plum tomato Coriander leaves to garnish
- Put the stock into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the KNORR BLUE DRAGON Thai Red Curry Paste.
- Peel off four wide strips of lime rind with a potato peeler, taking care to avoid the white pith underneath which would make the soup bitter.
- Squeeze the limes and reserve the juice.
- Add the sliced lemon grass, lime rind, chilies and coriander stalks to the stock.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the monkfish, rice vinegar and Thai fish sauce, with half of the reserved lime juice. Simmer for about 3 minutes, until the fish is just cooked.
- Lift out and discard the coriander stalks, taste the broth and add more lime juice if necessary; the soup should taste quite sour.
- Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve very hot.