Malaysian Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with a Coconut Laksa Slawby Steve Tyrer, Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Engineering College
Medium sized butternut squash 2 Sweet potatoes 1 Onion Garlic KNORR BLUE DRAGON Laksa Paste KNORR Paprika Puree KNORR Vegetable Stock 1 Tin coconut milk Cracked black pepper Soy sauce 1 Green pepper 1 Red pepper 1 Yellow pepper 1 Red onion 2 Spring onions Bok choy Coconut cream Chillies 1 Lime Small pot of natural yoghurt
- Add the coconut cream and the KNORR BLUE DRAGON Laksa Paste to the prepared vegetables.
- Mix well and chill until needed.
- For the coriander dressing, add finely chopped coriander to the yoghurt and chill until needed.
- Bring the squash and sweet potato to the boil in salted water and remove from the heat and rest for 10 minutes before draining.
- Roast the squash and sweet potato for 10-15 minutes or until cooked and the squash skin is golden.
- Add the KNORR BLUE DRAGON Laksa Paste to a large pan and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the roasted squash, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk to the pan and then bring to the boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend the soup through a sieve for a smooth texture.
- Adjust the seasoning with the soy sauce and black pepper.
- Add the chopped coriander just before putting into a warmed bowl.
- Garnish with the Laksa slaw in the centre and drizzle the coriander dressing around the slaw, sprinkle the diced chilli, sliced spring onions, lime zest and coriander leaves over the top and serve.
Coconut laksa slaw