Pan Fried Thai Green Curry Marinated Sea Bass by Ashley Spencer, Westminster Kingsway College
Sea bass fillet 5g KNORR BLUE DRAGON Thai Green Curry Paste 15ml Vegetable oil Salt, pepper 10g KNORR BLUE DRAGON Thai Red Curry Paste 60g White crab meat 120g Choux pastry 20g Spring onion 5g Grain mustard 10g Hellmann’s mayonnaise 1g Dashi 2g Coriander leaf 60g Soba noodles 1 Small choi sum 50g Oyster mushrooms 5ml Sesame oil 10ml Sunflower oil 5g Palm sugar 40g Red onion 50g Bean sprout 50g Shallots 50g Mirin 50g Clams (meat) 50g Mussels (meat) 15g Knorr fish stock 500ml Water 50g KNORR BLUE DRAGON Laksa Paste 150g Cream coconut milk 5g Muscavado sugar 5g Shaved fresh coconut 2g Fresh coriander leaf 2g Fresh chervil
- Mix the KNORR BLUE DRAGON Thai Green Paste with oil and cover the sea bass fillets with marinade.
- Combine the KNORR BLUE DRAGON Thai Red Paste with the crab, spring onion, chopped coriander, and then add to the choux pastry and fold in the mayonnaise and Dashi.
- Set the deep fryer temperature at 180°C with 2 tsp quenelle mix in the fryer and cook until golden brown.
- Take out and put on kitchen paper and season.
- Soak the noodles in warm water and then blanch in boiling water.
- Stir fry the vegetables in combined oils, add the palm sugar and then add the noodles.
- Sate the shallots, add the shell clams and mussels, add Mirin, and then the fish stock (after making it up in the water).
- Remove liquid and pick the meat from the shells and place to one side.
- Place the liquid on the stove to reduce add coconut milk, and cream, whisk in the KNORR BLUE DRAGON Laksa Paste and sugar, add the meat back to broth and cook out.
- Pan fry the sea bass skin side down to get it crispy.
- Place the noodles into the bowl plate, place laksa broth around, sit the fish on the noodles and top with the beignet, toasted coconut, and picked coriander.